Bazza

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Plastering finished, woo hooo.

Plastering finished.

Started to give the walls a quick coat of paint, and painted the ceiling white. Most of the piepwork for the boiler is done, and I have completly finished the domestic hot water side of the plumbing, waiting for the plumber to come and connect the rest of the pipework to the boiler and pressure test it, connect the gas, and fire it up.




Well, we had the plumber here eventually, the first appointment he made was for a thursday, so I decided to take the day off work to be here for him and help where I could. The night before he dropped a note through letting me know he was going to be late, he would be here between 11am and 11:30 am instead of 9am. That was fine with me, untill it got to 1:30pm and still no sign, at which point I had to call him to find out what was happening, at that point he told me he would not make it, I was not impressed. When he finally did come on the following monday he could not get the boiler working and finally gave up telling me there was a problem on the main circuit board. So we were still without heating and hot water (we had been like this for over a month, and washing in cold water ain't much fun). Then, to top it all, two of the five joints he soldered leaked! So I had to repair those, so much for being CORGI registered. Anyway I decided to call British Gas (Darren Cooks idea) and they were here within 24hours, and the guy (Steve) had it all working within 2 hours and fully serviced, and the hot water has never been so hot! So we have heating and hot water now, and Daphne and I both had a nice relaxing bath, not together, as she displaces to much water and when she gets out i'm left sitting in a cupfull of water!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home