Bazza

Sunday, November 26, 2006

DIY - Dining room

Removed the old carpet today and took it to the local tip. Had a bit of an accident today though, Joy (my youngest) with her constant question of 'Can I help?' had a fall. I told her she could give the coving a coat of paint and sorted her out with a small container of paint and a brush. All I heard from the kitchen was a crashing sound as the step ladders had gone through a loose floor board, I rushed in to find her trying to pick herself up whilst screaming, and covered in white paint. I sorted her out and checked all her cuts and bruises and got her to rinse all the paint out of her mouth, luckily she only had a few bruises and nothing was broken, well, apart from the floor board. I then proceded to nail the bloody floor boards down, unfortunatley, they were the ones I had taken up and hadn't nailed down when I had finished, and forgot to inform her they were loose, so I then went on a guilt trip, big time. Strange, I am always telling them to be careful of things when i am working, like watch out there is a sharp blade there or be careful i have removed the floor boards, seems the one time I forget, then the accindent happens, well, I suppose its not really an accident, more of neglegence on my part. lesson learned.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home