Bazza

Sunday, December 10, 2006

DIY Dining Room

Not posted for 2 weeks now, but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy. Spent the first week doing the coving, took a while as I had a lot of filling a sanding due to the curved part and also because none of the corners are at right angles. I painted the coving but on its final coat the paint decided not to stick properly, causing it to peel (see pic). This made more work as I had to sand it all down again then repainted it, but it did it again. ARGHHHHH!!! I thought maybe that it was drying to quick or something, so I sanded it again and then applied a coat of PVA, let that dry then painted it again, well, it seemed to work, apart from the odd spot here and there which I redid.


Didn't get much done last saturday as Joy had a photo shoot, so we took Hollie and Emma along and got there pictures taken too. hopefully we will get the pics next week, I'll scan them and get a few posted on here when I get chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home