Bazza

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Plastering.

Moving on swiftley.

Plastered some of the walls, normally I would have done the walls after doing the ceiling, Its easier to do the ceiling first, I won't bore you with the details as to why.



Yep, thats me, not a pretty site I know. I am at that point 'trowling up' the ceiling, Daphne took these pics in between making cups of tea, well, it is thirsty work, and plastering ceilings does tire your arms a little.

Fitted the boiler in its new location, damn those things are heavy, well, they are when your trying to hook it onto a couple of bolts high on the wall. You may have noticed a step in the ceiling at the far end of the room, this is where I put in two new joists to support the ones above, they sit on the brickwork at either end and give the bathroom floor more support at that end of the wall as the wall is a solid wall (has no cavity) and the ends of a couple of the original floor joists above needed treating for damp, so I thought its better to be safe than sorry. Didn't want to get in the bath with Daphne only to find we end up on the kitchen floor, that wouldn't do would it.


Another of me trowling the ceiling, this is my Julia Roberts pose. he he..


Back wall has had a complete scratch coat of sand and cement and has then been boarded ready for skimming (plastering). You can see I'm using the cooker to support my 'spot board' (board with the plaster on), so don't believe Daphne if she tells you I never use the cooker!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home