Bazza

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Nearly There!!!

Kitchen units are now in and fitted, just waiting on the worktops. These had to be ordered as the ones Daphne wanted were not held in stock! typical, and there was a 3 week lead time on them, so we have to live without a sink and hob for now. I had to build the unit for the boiler from scratch, they gave me 2 large planks and a door, considering i'm not a carpenter by trade it looks pretty damn perfect, but then I would say that wouldn't I.

A few bits of skirting need to go on and the kickboards on the bottom of the units need to be put on as well, these will get done during the comming evenings as and when I have time and feel energetic enough to do it, have a bit of a cold at the moment and energy seems to be at a minimum.

Still need to get the lighting that Daphne wants, we decided against having under unit lighting as I could not really see the point. It does seem to be more for show than practicality.


The majority of the flooring in the kitchen is down now. I did have to rip up the old floor boards before starting the kitchen as the boards under the washing machine and dishwasher were rotten, years of leaks never being fixed had soaked right through the boards, the were so bad in places i could push a screw driver through them without any real pressure. Luckily the joists underneath were fine, but I treated then anyway as I had a large can of the stuff and I wont need it anymore, so they got a good soaking.

Hopefully the worktops will arrive in a couple of weeks and the job will be near completion. The tiling still needs to be done, however, we are still trying to find the tiles we want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home